Sunday, February 26, 2012

Top 10 Reasons to Like/Dislike Canada

This is a quick one....only posting it because, counting the three drafts I have, there were a total of 18 posts.  And I have some sort of weird phobia (not in my phobias post from earlier) about the # 18....don't judge me!!


LIKES

10. James Naismith is Canadian.  He invented basketball.
9.   Ryan Reynolds is from Canada....
8.   as is Michael J. Fox
7.  About 9% of the worlds renewable water supply is controlled by Canada.
6.  Canadian beer has more alcohol.
5.  Hockey, at least the modern version, was created in Canada.
4.  There is a huge population of bears.
3.  They pretty much let us have Alaska.
2.  Did I mention Hockey?
1.  They put up with all kinds of crap from their noisy neighbors to the South.

DISLIKES

10. It's cold up in that joint.
9.  They say "eh" too much.
8.  Uh..........Nickelback is Canadian.
7.  Their dollars aren't all the same color........
6.  but their dimes are the same basic size and shape as an American dime and STILL won't work in a vending machine.
5.  How can such a peaceful country have invented a violent sport like hockey?
4.  They chose the Beaver as their national icon....Over the Grizzly Bear?  Really?
3.  I don't speak French.
2.  Canadian Bacon is just weird.
1.  They have yet to visit my blog according to my stats.

I'd say it's pretty much a draw.

Copyright J.C. Gardiner 2/26/2012
backwardsjeff@gmail.com
FB -  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Backwards-Jeff/122548301200263
Twitter - @BackwardsJeff
Twitter #2 - DearCrabby (aka @JeffroGardiner)  

No comments:

Post a Comment